Saturday, November 21, 2009

*************"Thanks Giving time is Coming"******************

Hello everyone ^.^
How is everyone's Thanksgiving list of things to do and get and also get done coming? If Your anything like me then your much much to far behind. ^.^ I have so much to do and so little time to do it in. I know you've herd that before, so have I that's why I said it. (hehehe)Well I have my list that has to get done day to day. Here is just one of those list.

1. get turkey and free it til three days before Thanksgiving

2. get yams before they are sold out and also cranberries

3.send out Thanks Giving cards(get at least 200.00 worth and don't forget the stamps)

4.call everyone and make sure they are coming

5.get two new small tables for the kids to eat at

6.pick Joycie up at her friend

7.go to resale store and see if they have some table clothes that look autumny

8.while there see if they have a cord for my digital camera (brother took mine)

9.make sure again that you still have the things and the kids haven't eatting anything that you already bought.

This list goes on and on. But that is just a tip of the lists I have for everyday til Thanksgiving. I am running out of time to get some of the things. But why is it this way? The only thing I can think of is because we have to do everything and no one wants to help stay up the night before and help with the cuttings and mixxings and such. I started my son cooking about 5 years ago. Now I am starting my daughter in the kitchen and she is loving it. My son though you would think hates cooking but your wrong he also loves cooking. He doesn't want to be a professional chief or anything. He was taught by me that cooking is a need to because when your out on your own mom isn't always gonna be there.
So he took a mixer in hand and has loved it ever since. But not when it comes to Thanks Giving , or Christmas for that fact. Why? Cause I made him make all the cakes for Christmas one year. ^.^ He was soooo tired that next morning. I do let my kids join in on making some of the traditional things. I let them break up the cornbread for the dressing and cut up things also for it. I let them mash the potatoes for the potato salid. Things like that, but they have to let momma do the rest. If I was to let them do the rest and they messed up a little and put the taste off . I wouldn't hear the last of it from my brothers and sisters. ^.^ I have asked my sister before to help me with the cooking and she did once or twice.
But she doesn't help as much as I wish she would. I have been the Holiday cooker since my mom and Aunt stopped and said "well it's time you girls started doing it now." Which I would say has been for at least well since was 26 and I am 40 now. So you can do the math. But one thing I told everyone in the family is that I will not clean up the kitchen afterward. I didn't care who did it but I wasn't. I am a person that after I am done with something I clean up after myself and wash what dishes have been dirtied. That is why they only have to do what has been dirtied after everyone eats.
One of my brothers has implemented in the mix to buy paper plates and silverware that can be thrown away. That was a way around it . But what about all the dishes full of food? I save containers over the year and put them away for just that. What I do is I split what leftovers I have and divide them into those containers . That way someone can take some home with them. Yes even the 2 Turkeys and 2 hams I make. Yep I said 2 of both. Why that much ? If you only seen how many people end up at my house on Thanks Giving and Christmas to eat. You would understand.
My family alone can eat a lot of the things I make trust me. But last year at Thanksgiving dinner I had people over that I didn't even know. My son's friends and my nephew's friends even my husband has people and my brothers and sisters kids have friends that come with them. I had I know around 20 people parked all around the house waiting for that smell to fill their mouths. I love cooking for my family so don't get me wrong. But this year here at Thanksgiving time. I get a break. I finally get to sit this one out.
My Husband's mother called and asked us to go to his Aunt's for Thanksgiving. One of my brother isn't liking that at all. See he has no one to cook for him. his wife died when he 14 year old son now was a tot of 3. Now he relize on sis to cook and clean for him. Not that I don't like the needed feeling but (((phish))) He needs to find someone to do that for him . Plus he has a son that old enough to learn to cook. But back to my husbands Aunt cooking. I just hope I can handle sitting down on my duff and not doing anything. ^.^
Well I am sure she isn't the one that's cooking . "Why do I say this "your wondering right. Well she wants all family there this year for one main reason and it is pretty darn serous to me. She wants to be with family before something goes wrong and this way everyone can be together. She has cancer and she has already lost all her hair. She is a lovely women. She is in her early 60 I think. But she recently found out she has Breast cancer and will be loosing her breast . They told her that the treatments are working cause it is getting smaller. But it's no guaranty that it is going away totally.
But you have to be positive or the negative will take over. But when I say I will not have to cook, yeah I know and now you see how I am. You know now that I will cook. That is why I am buying things for Thanks Giving still.But I am pretty sure she is having it Catered. That way she will be able to spend every moment with everyone. She might have her daughter do the cooking ,not sure yet. Guess I will see. But for now I will either have things on hold for cooking. But still buying these things and getting things done til then. "Better to be safe than sorry"
Well all I have to get to be soon and I still have a lot of things to do before it's to late. So I say have a great month and" live everyday as if it was your last."

No comments:

Post a Comment